Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Lost Hero - Rick Riordan


So, who else was freaking out when they thought the Percy Jackson books were all finished? I was bummed when Rick Riordan started a new series with Egyptian gods. Before I could get off my butt and give them a shot, I discovered The Lost Hero. Wahoo - back to the greek gods where he belongs.

I started falling in love with greek mythology when Zena, Warrior Princess and Hercules The Legendary Journeys came out on tv. Of course I was young then and didn't realize how much amazing literature the shows were based on. Fifteen years later, I've come a long way with my reading on the subject.

A lot of YA books really are only for kids, but Riordan manages to write stories that appeal to young and old alike (sheesh that sounded cliche, but it's really true). I love them. I grudgingly let my #2 kid keep them on the bookshelf in his room, but I'm the one who gets to read them first.

Anyway - The Lost Hero was great. I was worried since Percy isn't in it but really he doesn't need to be, and it looks as if he's going to be in the next one, which I can't wait to get my hands on.

No comments: