Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Fifth Witness - Michael Connelly


It took me a while to forgive Michael Connelly for deviating from his Harry Bosch books in to the world of Mickey Haller. I didn't even pick up the Lincoln Lawyer until late last year. Now, of course, I'm just as addicted to this series as I am to the Bosch books.

The Fifth Witness sees Haller expand from his lincoln to an actual office and acquiring an associate to join his team. This book really throws the series in a new direction and I like the way that most of it is going.

One thing that annoys me is Maggie's incessant need to see Haller as a bad guy just because he's doing his job. Despite the jokes about bad defence lawyers etc., they are a necessity of the system and those doing their jobs aren't necessarily evil. I really DON'T want them to get back together because I think she should be able to love him for ALL of who he is. I certainly don't mind if he switches sides of the fence to the prosecution table, but getting back together with his ex should not depend on that.

I'll be looking forward to the next book in this series, although I'm quite glad it's a Bosch book up next for Connelly.

No comments: