Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Deathstalker - Simon R Green


Wowza. I don't know where to start. I started reading Simon R Green's Nightside books 3 or 4 years ago and quickly became addicted. The problem is he can't write them fast enough for me to keep up. So I took to the bookshelves and found that before the Nightside, he was actually quite famous for a sci-fi series called Deathstalker. The first book is also called Deathstalker.

I don't read a ton of straight sci-fi. Either they annoy me and I don't finish, or if I do finish they haven't gripped me enough to wade through the next in a series.

With this book, immediately upon finishing I took off for my local Borders to find book 2. Unfortunately they didn't' have it so I've had to order online - check back in a couple of weeks when I finally have it. What I did do was buy books 3 and 4. Again - I never do this. I always buy one book at a time in case a series tanks. But I don't believe this one will.

I loved the characters - all of them, even the "baddies", most of whom aren't really that bad. I loved the world, the aliens, the story, the tech. Awesome book.

More, more, more.

No comments: