Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Gone - Jonathan Kellerman


I started reading Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Deleware novels around 1994. I quickly caught up on those I'd missed and then bought each new one as it was released. For some reason he dropped off my auto-buy list about 6 years ago. So now I'm discovering a whole lot more of these books that I so used to enjoy.

Gone is a pretty typical episode in the series - great story, interesting crime, some real life truths from the mouth of Milo. That said, it's definitely not one of the best or probably even in the top 10.

I don't know why this series appeals to me so much. I think the fact that Kellerman's take on relationships is so much more realistic than most - the constant changing and working on them to keep things fresh. I also love his twist on the gay best friend cliche. Milo is definitely not your typical gay character or a typical cop character.

No comments: