Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris



I have to admit, I'm kind of disappointed, not in the book itself, but in what it represents. I've really been enjoying this series, but Grave Secret ended with not only the wrap up of the current book's mystery, but also the series mystery. This generally means the author is ending the series.

Bummer.

Maybe readers couldn't handle the somewhat unconventional relationship of Harper and her step-brother, but HELLO - Flowers in the Attic anyone. Way worse. It's not as if it hasn't been done before. Personally I think it was handled really well. I never got the ick factor at all.

But maybe Charlaine Harris is concentrating on her Sookie Stackhouse series since that's the one turned into the tv series - True Blood. I've always liked that series, too. In fact I have loved every single book this author has ever written. So really, I can't wait to see what kind of series she's going to start next.

But I'll miss Harper.

No comments: